1. Your booking is made with Andean Trails Ltd. 33 Sandport Street, Edinburgh EH6 6EP.
Your contract is with Andean Trails Ltd (registered company). When making a booking, you guarantee that you have the authority to accept, and do accept for you and on behalf of your party, that you are subject to our Booking Conditions, and are deemed to have read, understood and accepted these.
2. When you buy an ATOL protected air holiday package from Andean Trails Ltd you will receive a Confirmation Invoice from us confirming your arrangements and your protection under our Air Travel Organiser’s Licence number 6275. We pay a fee to the CAA for every licensable passenger we book since we hold an Air Travel Organiser’s Licence granted by the Civil Aviation Authority. In the unlikely event of our insolvency, the CAA will ensure that you are not stranded abroad and will arrange to refund any money you have paid to us for an advance booking. For further information visit the ATOL website at www.atol.org.uk. Not all holiday or travel services offered and sold by us will be protected by the ATOL Scheme. Please ask us to confirm what protection may apply to your booking. For land only holidays not involving any air travel, in accordance with "The Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992", all UK passengers booking with Andean Trails Ltd. are fully protected for the initial deposit and subsequently the balance of all money paid to us, arising from cancellation or curtailment of travel arrangements due to the insolvency of Andean Trails.
3. To book a tour: send the completed booking form together with a non-refundable deposit. (£150 per person for land only tours that cost under £400 per person, £250 for the Inca Trail only bookings and 30% of total tour cost for any tour costing over £400 per person, full payment for international flights). Clients booking by telephone, facsimile, email or over the Internet will be deemed to have read the booking conditions and accepted them. We will issue a confirmation invoice, at which point we have accepted your booking and a contract exists. We will not give a detailed breakdown of costings, but we do show a separate figure for land costs and flights.
The balance of your trip price is due eight weeks prior to departure. No reminder will be sent, so if the balance is not paid by the due date we will regard the booking as cancelled.
4. We reserve the right to increase the price of a holiday 30 days before departure by up to 10%, due to fuel costs, taxes or exchange rate changes.
5. If you wish to cancel you must do so in writing and the following percentages will be charged based on the date of receipt in writing, by fax or by email.
If you choose to make an alteration to your trip after your tour has commenced, we will do our best to implement this, but we cannot guarantee it will be possible. In the event of such amendments being made you will be liable for any alteration or cancellation charges for services originally booked, and for the booking of revised arrangements. No refund will be paid to those who do not commence or complete a tour.
6. A minimum number of bookings is set for scheduled group departures and if there are insufficient members or if we have to cancel your trip for any other reason a full refund will be given. We will not cancel within 6 weeks of our booking departure date, except in circumstances of force majeure, failure to pay the final balance on time, or where the minimum number of bookings on a group departure is not met. If there is any cause for cancellation or amendment after the tour has commenced, we reserve the right to allow our local supplier or tour leader to amend the planned itinerary and accommodation on your behalf and where these amendments are made as a result of force majeure, delays in departure and failed transport connection no compensation will be paid. The tour itinerary may have to be changed due to altered circumstances and conditions. We will make alternative arrangements as required but no refunds will be given for services which are not utilised as a result.
7. Our tours involve travel in remote, mountainous regions, at high altitudes, where amenities and medical facilities are few and far between. South America is a largely under developed continent where standards of quality, safety and hygiene are not as high as in Europe. Passenger seat belt regulations are not widely enforced. Hard hats are not normally provided for horse-riding or mountain-biking, arrangements can and do go wrong, delays and discomfort are common here. Every effort is made to ensure your safety and well being, but bookings are accepted on the understanding that you appreciate the risks and hazards associated with this sort of travel. Andean Trails cannot be held responsible for; the consequences of any delays, expenses incurred or alterations caused by illness, weather, war, terrorism, political events, civil strife, strikes, natural disaster, technical difficulties or any event beyond our control. The services and facilities included in your holiday comply with local regulations which apply or, if there are no applicable local regulations, if they are reasonable when compared to the local standards and customs.
8. Andean Trails Ltd. will not accept responsibility or consequent costs for accidents, injury, lack of fitness, carelessness, illness, negligence or lack of punctuality attributable to the customer. If you have any disability or illness, you must inform us at the time of booking the holiday so advice can be given on the suitability of the trip. Due to the adventurous nature of the tours, all customers must at all times agree to comply with the decisions taken by the local representative, local operator or tour guide. Personal items and baggage remain at all times the responsibility of the customer. In addition responsibility must be accepted for any equipment loaned to you, and you must agree to pay for any loss or damage caused to this equipment while in your care.
9. All customers must be fully insured for the duration of the tour. Customers are responsible for arranging their own insurance which must cover medical expenses, injury, death, rescue, repatriation, cancellation and curtailment. Customers must provide Andean Trails Ltd. with insurers’ name, policy number and 24-hour emergency telephone number in case there is a need to contact them. You must carry proof of insurance with you. If you lose any personal items whilst on holiday you are advised to obtain a written police report and/or from a local representative. This will assist with any insurance claim upon your return. We recommend you take out your insurance at the time of booking and double check the small print to ensure it covers all activities you are involved in. This is your responsibility.
10. With regard to international flights: Andean Trails Ltd. can book flights for customers as we are an ATOL bonded agency. Andean Trails cannot however take responsibility for changes or alterations to any flights whether booked direct or through Andean Trails.
11. At this moment, British citizens do not require a visa to visit Peru, Bolivia, Chile or Argentina. Customers of any other nationality should inform us at the time of booking so we can advise on the current situation. A full British passport, valid for at least six months beyond the return date, is required by British citizens travelling on our tours. You are responsible for arranging your passport, and any necessary visas and vaccination certificates. Please check with the relevant embassy for the latest requirements with regard to visas and vaccinations.
12.If you have a problem or complaint, please bring it to the attention of our local staff immediately so they can do their best to rectify the situation. On your Joining Instructions you will be given details of who to call locally in an emergency. Our 24-hour emergency number is also provided.
If you should have a complaint about the tour after your return, it must be made by letter and received by Andean Trails within 14 days of the end of the tour. We will acknowledge and investigate, and reply in full as soon as possible.
13. In the unlikely event of any sort of dispute arising, the Law of Scotland shall apply. If the dispute cannot be resolved directly between us within 6 weeks of written intimation of the dispute, both Andean Trails Ltd. and our customer shall attempt to settle the dispute by Mediation. A Mediator will be selected with the assistance of the Law Society of Scotland. If the mediation is unsuccessful, the Sheriff Court at Edinburgh shall have jurisdiction.
+44 (0)131 467 7086 | firstname.lastname@example.org